Tuesday 13 March 2012

An escape...

Today, I went to retrieve my parcels at Richmond Road.  Initially, the plan was for me to take the bus there and I should have had ample time to slowly stroll to the post office.  Alas, fate was not to be.  The bus I wanted to take was 20 minutes behind schedule and by the time I realised, there were only 5 minutes before the post office closed.

Frantically, I ran with all my might to make sure that the trip was not for naught.  I did not stop and by the time I reached my destination, I was almost out of breath, so much for google maps (this confounded software told me it was a 4 minutes walk but it took me 9 minutes to run there).  Fortunately, the receptionist was a nice lady and she allowed me to retrieve my parcels albeit it was past their working hours.  Upon securing my goods, every last drop of energy left my body, leaving me languour and apathetic.

Slowly but surely, I sauntered back.  It was then I realised that the place I was at was beautiful.  Simply breathtaking in its own way.  The post office was situated in a residential area, far away from the boisterous life of the city.  As I walked, I looked around me and found that the houses around me each has their own unique design.  What was more, I found a PROTON SAGA there, parked amids the other cars.  Go Malaysia, the only one car that was actually recognised by the world!


As I walked out of the small pavement, I turned around to take one last glance at the small area that, to me, was an escape from the harsh and fast-paced reality.



"Pause for a second and glance around you.  There are things far more vivid than you can possibly imagine."

No comments:

Post a Comment