Monday 25 July 2011

Yu-Gi-Oh! is bias?!

I was reading a post by Mike from Dueling Legacy about his observation on both OCG and TCG and frankly, I concur with his statement saying that Konami OCG isn't making much effort in bringing a more competitive and fun play to the mentioned realm.

In fact, just last week, I dueled against a player from the TCG and he was playing all those TCG cards which I have never seen (except on website) like Reborn Tengu.  I must admit, I was a bit envious since with those cards, he was able to overwhelm me and I couldn't do anything against him.  What rotten luck!  When we were preparing for the 2nd round, I discussed the disparities between OCG and TCG and he said how he admired OCG players since they are able to access the new cards faster than the TCG players.  I retaliated by saying how easy it is for them to acquire all the cards they want.  For instance, in the OCG, players needed to buy the booster packs just to get one Black Rose Dragon but in the TCG, they got it off a freaking tin!!  In terms of card price, there weren't much difference since in USD and RM, PoD is roughly the same in both currencies (without conversion).  Basically, it is quite funny since the OCG players admire the TCG players because they have a wider variety of cards but the TCG people admire the OCG players because they receive their cards faster.  Oh well, guess there are pros and cons to everything in this world.
___________________________________________________________________________

Recently, I read a lot about rescue rabbit being an overkill card and that it can wreak havoc as much as rescue cat could.  Well, I don't really see the benefit of running such a card unless you are 100% normal monster oriented.  Sure, it could fetch you raiga and those rank 4 and below exceed monsters instantly but I cannot see the advantage generated.  I guess I need to wait for people to actually play it and post its video before I can make any judgment about this card.  Honestly, if Konami even bothered releasing such a card that would get bashed by players so badly, why do they still release it?  However, there are a few cards which I really like from Konami, e.g. Shattered Pot of Greed.  In my last short and simple post, I talked about how broken it can be since hardly anyone will use their MST or Dust to destroy that card especially since they want to reserve it for some more perilous cards such as solemn and dimensional prison.  As a pro players will notice, hand advantage is extremely important in any duel.  Who knows, one of those 2 cards might actually turn the table around.

I have the honour of doing skype dueling with most of my friends from the States and other parts of the world.  Remember my disparaging comments about Dark World?  I decided to use the Dark World deck against them to prove how useless it was but alas, to my surprise, Dark World actually pulled through magnificently, destroying BF, Agent Angels, Gravekeepers, Jurrac and Doppel deck.  You wouldn't believe the amount of damage Eradicator Epidemic Virus can harness and Grapha saves the day!  There was a duel where I was locked down due to Kristya's effect.  I had 2 Beiges and 2 Graphas in my hand with the Shattered Pot on my field (2 turns have passed).  During my main phase, I sent the pot to the graveyard to draw 2 cards and I got card destruction.  Disposing all my DW monsters into my graveyard fetched me 5 new cards and 2 Graphas on the field.  Normal summoned Beige + Gate got me an instant win.  The advantage generated was too much and next turn when I activated EEV and declared Spell cards (which was 2/3 of his hand), he offered the handshake.

In short, Dark World is extremely powerful as long as you can discard them but they have far too many weaknesses.  However, that doesn't mean they are not fun.  Until next time, see ya~

"MVP of the day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment