Tuesday 6 September 2011

Day 6 - Your Hobby

Ah, how I have waited for this topic.  Well, I have a post done previously specifically about my hobby and now that I have been asked the same question again, I shall reiterate.  I have 3 hobbies and they are, in chronological order, 1) Anime 2) Yu-Gi-Oh! 3) Reading.  As you can infer, I am not that much of an avid reader and truth be told, I only read books that I think are worth my time and effort.  I know I am a very fussy person when it comes to books but I mean seriously, who wants to waste 1 whole day to read a book that has no value or content, I won't!  Hence, the genres which I like and have a liking for are romance (happy endings) and mysteries.  Romance is a given since I am a bachelor and am learning diligently the secret to a successful love life but mystery is the real impact here.  Stories like sherlock holmes and the client just leave you yearning for more and trust me, that parch for good stories like these are insatiable!

Second from the top is Yu-Gi-Oh!  I don't think any further elaboration is required.  I have devoted myself to the card game since Form 1 and have spent, I don't know, a few thousands on this card game.  Well, some might say that I am stupid or a total imbecile for investing on trash like this that holds no innate value and lessons but hey, a guy has to have a hobby aite?  I love the way this card game works.  You can either fool the enemy to play their trump cards while reserving yours or go all out and wait to see your opponent's reaction.  In such a meticulous game like this, a single miscall will result in defeat.  Thus, players like us just love to play psychological warfare with our opponent.  "An unknown figure can instill immeasurable fear even in the most skilled hunter".  So, this is more to a observe your opponent, watch his plays and respond accordingly if you want to win.  The last format was an utter bull that lets newbies and amateurs take the trophy home but this format (albeit my reproaching in the earlier post) actually helps differentiate players who are skillful and those nuisance amateurs.  Therefore, this format is like antibiotics for the long term disease we call "luck".

However, my favourite hobby would always be watching animes.  This is a given since I am a true blue otaku (which means geek in japanese terms).  I have been an otaku ever since I first started watching anime at a young age of 10.  Of course, at that time, I didn't know that it was called an anime and simply watched it because of the superheroes and heroines.  It was only until later that I unveiled my hidden desires for "perfection" and that is the key element that hooks people like me into the anime realm.  Indeed, it is more realistic to live in the 3D world and hang out with your girlfriend that you can actually touch and talk to BUT in anime, the girls are perfect!  Perfect as in they behave the way you want them to and the development of the story can be superb too.  Some of the animes resonate with our experience and thus, making it more appealing to the audience.  Not only that, some animes actually teach you facts about the world that you have never known before.  For example, I never knew that the first recorded book was called "Epic of Gilgamesh" and that this Gilgamesh fellow was a half god half man warrior.  It was only after watching an anime that I actually went and did some in-depth research to know more.  So, there are goods and bads about animes but we should not let the bad overshadow the goods.

In short, everyone has a hobby and each individual's hobby differs from one another.  It is due to that that the world is so diverse and what hobby you have defines you.  So, don't be a lazy bum and not own any hobby!
"What you can never attain in reality even through plastic surgery!"

No comments:

Post a Comment