Friday 7 October 2011

Photon Shockwave TCG is screwed...

Good evening world!  Just a small update before the big post about my latest DW deck sometime next week.  I just took a quick glance at the new PHSW spoiler list at Konami's official site and was perplexed by what I saw.  For those of you who haven't seen it, here's the link: http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/products/bp-phsw.html and for those of you who want to check out the respective card's effect, here's the link: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page.  Check and read it up yourself. xD

So, to the main topic, why do I say that this set is screwed?  Firstly, this set has way too many powerful cards and I just reviewed one not long ago, you can probably see it somewhere down there, don't feel like giving the link here when you can just scroll down and find it.  Exercise your finger a bit boy.  Alright, an example of a powerful card, our cute and fluffy rabbit with a pair of goggles:


I give you the cute and flabby white angel, rescue rabbit!  This is technically a rescue cat but with more restrictions.  However, its effect is darn good and you can effectively fetch out a mean guy to spank your opponent's ass for you.  If you are running a dino, then say hello to:

"You mess with me, you mess with GOD"
Basically, I am talking from the OCG point of view where powerful cards more often appear as common or rare, seldom we get powerful cards in the form of super and ultra.  But for the TCG people, boy, do I pity them.  The cute rabbit you saw up there?  It's a freaking secret in the TCG which means, let me calculate....1 in a few boxes perhaps?  In OCG, you can open the packs blindly and you are bound to get 1 rabbit but in the TCG, well, you guys know the deal.  Every last good card in the PHSW set is a secret and that means...

"You ain't gonna get me unless I want you to"
Other "secret agents" you have in this set include Agent Dark Smog, Agent Wind-up Rabbit (God knows his effect) and a few other guys whom I can't remember their names, must either be too ugly or too whacked to be remembered.  As stated in another guy's blog, he said that PHSW is going to be the next DREV set where you get all the good cards but your wallet is gonna bleed like mad, you might consider blood transfusion later. And the general trend now in the TCG is if you have no money to buy these sets:


That's all, good night and pleasant dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I really wish I could play with the OCG rarity system sometimes.

    On the other hand, the really cool advantage to this is if you have the funds and the patience to buy a box early and be prepared to SELL the cards you get for profit and use the profits to buy singles when the prices drop, you're golden. There are a lot of impatient players who think that buying boxes blindly for the cards they need is the only way to get cards, and it only encourages Konami to keep printing the Rescue Rabbits of the world as secret rares.

    Plus side, we get Photon Sabre Tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shizuka: True, I agree. The TCG exclusives really make me envious. It facilitates more creative play and more diverse deck builds. I have seen sea-lancer and lost blue breaker builds that were absolutely stunning.

    I guess the + side is that OCG's rarity isn't bumped to an insane level but the - side is we only get 6 holos (3 ultras 3 supers) in each booster boxes without the sneak preview etc, so it's kind of hard to get a playset of super or ultra in the OCG. I guess each format has their own advantages.

    ReplyDelete